photo pbnav1_zps85952a52.png  photo pbnav2_zps59d156fa.png  photo fives_zpsaeb4af29.png  photo pbnav5_zps753d57ce.png

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Letting Go, Letting God

I have been home from Peru for about 4 weeks now.  I still do not have all of the words to describe my experience.  I don't think I ever will.  God knows how to tug on my heart and whisper in my ear, and He only means for me to totally understand it.  It is one of the little gifts he has given me. 

I learned this year to just let go....Let go of all of the junk the world puts on me. It is so hard to let go, but being on top of the Andes in Peru helps me. The coolness of the air, the panoramic views of white capped mountains, the beautiful, colorful people.  I was able to let go of the stress of life, the worldly visions that tend to get in my way. 

On the third day we were hiking on a narrow path.  I was having a tough time catching my breath and getting my feet moving.  I prayed.....  The next thing I know I look down and my feet are moving...I know, duh! But I couldn't feel them, I was not really moving them.  It was totally God!!!  I let go of myself and God took over.  I was completely overwhelmed.  All I could do was cry.  This was the first time that I let go of me.  I could feel the Holy Sprirt moving my body and guiding my feet.  I knew at that moment that God completley had me in the palm of His hands.  I will never forget that feeling.  I crave it.

I long to feel God move me again.  I long to let go of me and let God take over.  My prayer everyday is that there would be less of me and more of God.

I encourage you to try and let go and let God move you!

No comments:

Post a Comment