photo pbnav1_zps85952a52.png  photo pbnav2_zps59d156fa.png  photo fives_zpsaeb4af29.png  photo pbnav5_zps753d57ce.png

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Word!

"Dun duun dun Duununut, Stop! Collaborate and Listen!" Many of you are singing along... . (Yeah you know who you are) "Something grabs a hold of me tightly"..."Yo! Word to ya Momma"...I have probably lost some of you right now, quit singing!  (Thanks Vanilla Ice)

I was thinking about my walk with God. (Stay with me) It has changed so much over the years.  From being distant from God to  being a best friend with Jesus. God is someone I long to talk to everyday. However,  I will admit it is hard to focus and hear from God all of the time.  Sometimes I don't sit still long enough to hear Him, or some days I don't put him first. I hold the Holy Spirit at bay, instead of being willing to be consumed. 

Why is it that we can sing a song from the 90's, yet we are not able to quote from a book that has been around for centuries. Mr. Ice may have been on to something.  "Word to ya momma"! Shouldn't we tell of God's word to our mommas, our daddy's, our neighbors, strangers, the lady that works at the drive thru?  How good does it feel when you start your day in God's Word? Why keep that to ourselves?

God is the Word. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" John 1:1-2  The Bible is actually God's Words! (I know, Duh) But have you really thought about it.  God wants to talk to us, and He does! All we have to do is read and pray and listen. He has a plan for our lives, better yet He has a plan for our day.  I don't know about you, but I find great comfort in that. (Remember my 3 very active boys, I need God...every minute of every day)

As we go into this new year, I want you to think about the words that you know, I mean really know.  What do you keep close to your heart? What has rhythm in your life?  Vanilla Ice or the Word of God?!

As for me, I plan to cling to God's Word.  I want to share His word with everybody I know, with a beat box rhythm that will stay ingrained in their hearts for eternity!


No comments:

Post a Comment