This is the house we have lived in for 9 amazing years!
Yup, that's right... we are MOVING! We are so excited! We bought a house a few miles down the road in a fabulous neighbor. We move in less than ONE week!!
So what does that mean for me....Well, I have turned into a crazy stressed out lady.
This is hard stuff! I have packed, and wrapped, and trashed, and moved a million boxes, and we haven't even left our current house yet! What gives? I thought moving was supposed to be fun and magical, and this incredible family bonding time!
(I can hear y'all laughing at me)
I have learned a few things over the past several weeks.
1) Packing is not magical!! Unless, of course digging through your closet and finally finding the match to the other shoe that you just threw away 6 months ago. OK,... still not magical.
2) My kids have not missed the toys I packed up weeks ago. Does this mean I should just throw them away? Nope, they have compensated the lack of toys with TV. I have totally used the TV as a "sitter" the last couple of weeks. I know... Horrible mom!
3) When you move, you even have to clean out the junk drawer.
4) Books are heavy!
5) I have not cooked in a week, and no one is complaining.
6) We own a lot of pillows. Why?
7) I have secretly bought random items for the new house and stashed them in a box. And by random I mean; deer antlers, bowling pins, and tacky paintings. Can't wait for hubby to see it. Let's just say, he doesn't always share my quirky taste!
8) Goodwill and Craigslist are awesome!
9) Did you know that you have to clean your empty house after you leave? I mean, I barely cleaned when we lived here.
10) It's sad to see your whole life for the past 9 years packed up in boxes stacked on top of each other in the garage.
This is our "formal" living room. It's nice a cozy, don't ya think?
Boxes for daze!
The three car garage is totally packed to the gills!
The kids have enjoyed sleeping on the floor the last few days.
Don't judge the unmade beds, we're moving!
All in all, we are going to miss this house. This is the first house that Hubby and I actually felt like home. We brought all three baby boys home to this house. We have hosted birthday parties, life groups, baby showers, bible studies, get togethers and cook outs here. This house has been well loved! We built this house together, picking out all the finishes. We have grown into this house, and have loved being in this neighborhood.
We will be saying goodbye to this chapter, to this house, and looking forward to our new house and a new adventure.
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven"