photo pbnav1_zps85952a52.png  photo pbnav2_zps59d156fa.png  photo fives_zpsaeb4af29.png  photo pbnav5_zps753d57ce.png

Monday, January 9, 2012

Words for thought

Today I read Proverbs 18.  There is alot in this chapter that struck home with me.  Taming your tongue!!  

Here are a few verses that stuck out to me, from The Message.
Proverbs 18:6 The words of a fool start fights;
                       do him a favor and gag him.

Proverbs 18:8  Listening to gossip is like eating cheap candy;
                        Do you really want junk in your belly?

Proverbs 18:13 Answering before listening is both stupid and rude.

As I read this I couldn't help but think about all of the times that I gave out cheap candy to others, or that I accepted it as if it were a a gift.  When we are in a candy coated conversation how often do we get hyped up on sugar that we can't calm ourselves down and look at the damage our tongues create?

Lord, help me eat fruits and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment