photo pbnav1_zps85952a52.png  photo pbnav2_zps59d156fa.png  photo fives_zpsaeb4af29.png  photo pbnav5_zps753d57ce.png

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Be still

Be still....

Let me paint a picture for you.  Three boys. The seven year old is practicing guitar, the 5 year old is playing monster trucks, and the 4 year old is pushing the loudest fire truck you have ever heard.  Can you hear it. It is neither still nor quiet nor serene at my house.  Usually after about 20 minutes a fight will break out.

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God

How in the world can I be still?  How in the world am I supposed to hear God's still small voice?  The noise level around me is so loud... so, so, so loud....

Did you know that God wants to talk to us.  He wants so desperately to have a relationship with us. A relationship with open communication.

He speaks to each of us.

The Lord speaks to me in different ways.  
For example, just today I was suppose to go to Holy Yoga, instead I wasn't feeling good so I drove home.  On my way home I saw a lady walking along the side of the road.  There is no sidewalk, and the shoulder of the road is narrow.  Its a winding country road.  I drove past her.  God tugged on me.  I felt compassion, and I immediately turned around.  It was a small pull from Jesus.  I drove her to her work, just about a mile up the road, but the cool part is I was able to make a connection with her, and hopefully help her again.  A simple ride a few miles up the road.  God is good.

When I felt the Holy Spirit urge me to go to Peru for the first time was an experience!  I was sitting in church, and my heart started beating faster, my palms got sweaty, I was nervous, anxious and a bit nauseous.  Yup! That was God urging me to sign up for the trip. So, I obeyed Him and I will forever be changed.

God has also laid certain things on my heart that I just can't shake.  Themes start to form around words, or situations.  And all of a sudden I have a realization I have to act.  Starting this blog, and my speaking ministry is an example.  

Even though my everyday is loud, crazy and unpredictable, God still speaks.  I am sure that I have not listened every time, and I have missed opportunities.  I have probably missed times to share the Gospel or help someone in need.  But the best part, is that God still tries.  He has not given up on me.  He still wants me to do His work, no matter what that looks like.  

I just try everyday to put myself out there to be available for Gods work.  I don't care how that looks, or what I am doing.  It doesn't matter how big or small it is, just as long as I am obedient.  It could be teaching my 5 year old how to manage his feelings, or passing out blankets to those in need.  

Listen to God.  Allow Him to change your day, and radically serve Him!


Be still and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
Psalm 46:10


No comments:

Post a Comment